Happy Sunday everybody!
Summer, summer, summer time! So you know what that means.....oily skin times 10! No but seriously, my skin gets super oily during the summer. So, I wanted to share with you guys some tips to keep your skin from being too oily and proper ways to take care of oily skin.
1. The key to oily skin is moisturizer! My moisturizer of choice right now is Almond oil. Now I know you're probably thinking, "why is she putting oil on her skin if it's already oily". I use to ask the same thing. For the longest I thought I could skip the moisturizer step and be good. What I learned from some research and my good ole friends at the skincare section in Sephora, if you don't put moisturizer on your skin then your skin will try to produce moisture on its on. Causing your face to look extra oily and open your pores a little more than usual.
2. Do NOT, I repeat do NOT exfoliate everyday! For some odd reason we are in the era of face mask. People are doing face mask every single day not knowing what they are used for and honestly, it is not good for our skin. We are constantly stripping the natural oils from our face and these are the oils needed to give us that glow we are all dying for. I exfoliate twice a week, Sunday and Wednesday, just so I keep up with when I do it and make sure I don't over do it.
3. Stick to a simple skincare regimen. As an oily skin girl, we already have a natural glow and we really don't have to do too much. Unless you have acne prone skin and you are using products to treat your acne, you shouldn't be using too many different products. Simple is better in this case. Research the products you use and find out what is in them. If you are using 4 different products and you're not 100% sure what the ingredients are, then you are probably wasting money and the products aren't doing anything good for your skin. Stick to the basics: cleanser, toner and moisturizer. That's all you really need!
4. Facial sunscreen is our friend! Since we already produce more oil than usual, the oil buildup causes blemish breakouts. We want to protect our skin from the sun and keep it from producing sweat and oils from over heating. That is why it is very important to have SPF somewhere in your makeup or just a regular sunscreen everyday. The sunscreen not only protects our skin but it will keep our skin hydrated, so we won't produce oil throughout the day and clog up our pores.
5. Last but not least, our diet plays a major part in oily skin. Cut back on the fatty foods and fried foods because they cause our skin to produce more and more oil. Eat your fruits and vegetables and of course drink lots of water!
Overall having oily skin is great! Oily skin normally has tighter skin and smaller pores. That good skin! lol. Just make sure you take care of it and love your skin!