Tea Talk - What I've Learned So Far In 2017
It's Tuesday, and I am back again with the Tea Talk! The past few months have been CRAZY for me, but crazy in a good way. I graduated with my Masters in Business Administration, worked my first commercial as a principal role, received my first official blogger event invite, was seen on TeenVogue.com, reached my mid year goal of 10k followers on IG, got a new side job doing something I love, and hosted my first event! I would like to say that the last few months were actually amazing for me. Along with all of those good things, I also learned some very valuable lessons. If you don't remember me talking about it in my "I Gave Up On 2017" post, I talked about what happened when my car got stolen and how it affected me. Well that entire situation taught me a few things about life that I wanted to share with you guys.
1. You can't control everything. I have this real annoying control freak nature about me that some people don't know. I can be a little bossy and like to control of random situations. NOT good at all! I catch myself telling people what to do at unnecessary times so now I am working on "controlling" my controlling habits...haha. I have learned in the past few months that so much is out of my control, and I just need to let it be.
2. If they don't want to be with you, they don't want to be with you. Now I know you're probably thinking, duh, Yvette that's common sense. It's not though, well it's not always at the time. It's so easy to get wrapped up in the moment and want to believe and hope that something will change. Hoping that the person that is staying around, but not making any commitment to you will eventually commit to you. I can go on and on about this topic but you'll get the point. Basically, learning to let go in the beginning is something that I had to learn how to do. Don't wait until it's too late to realize someone doesn't want to be with you. It took crucial moments in my life for me to realize someone wasn't interested me when I ignored the signs all along. Don't be me. Don't ignore the signs guys! If you do happen to ignore the signs, make that relationship a learning lesson and grow from it!
3. Everything is done on God's time. Seriously. You can ask all day, every day for something, and if God doesn't think you are ready, it won't happen. When you have done everything you need to do and gone through every hardship that God has planned for you, then you are ready to receive the blessing you've been asking for. He has to prepare you, humble you and make you deserving before he continues to pour out his blessings on you. Remember that, God's timing is everything!
4. It's okay to tell people no. We can't please everyone. You'll drive yourself insane trying to please everyone when they ask you to do something. Everything is about networking nowadays, so it's easy to feel obliged to go everywhere. You can say no to that party. You can say no to that trip all your friends are going on. You can say no to that event. Your friends won't be mad at you if you can't make everything. Being a yes man or woman will only wear you out. Say no to things that don't add value in your life and rationalize what events you must go to.
5. Believe in yourself. I saved the best for last because believing in myself has truly turned my life around. I was scared to put myself out there for several reasons. I kept doubting myself and being scared of how people would perceive me. I didn't think I was capable of doing certain things and I had to continuously remind myself that I can do whatever I put my mind to! I started achieving more of my goals when I started taking risk and believing in myself. We hold ourselves back from our own destiny, no one else does. Don't let anyone tell you it's not possible or it's already been done. Follow your dreams, believe in yourself, create a lane for yourself and do you!